Committed to improving the world we live in?
You will be working alongside entrepreneurs and thought leaders from all over the world.
You will have the opportunity to attend internal meetings and local events with the founder and colleagues.
The internships are offered based on academic credit and/or external financial support.
Applicants must be willing to commit to a minimum number of hours per week with flexibility around an academic course schedule (work is mostly done remotely). Beneficial to attend Netwalking events (held on the 2nd Saturday of the month in D.C. from 2 – 4:30 pm) and other Netwalks held throughout DC and Northern Virginia. You will be given at least one week’s notice of events. All events are public transportation accessible.
You are the right candidate if you are a team player, flexible, organized, want to have a purpose in your work, able to take the lead, great writing and design skills for social media and blog posts, enjoy walking and align with the mission and vision of Netwalking.
Public Relations Internship – Fall
We’re looking to reach out to journalists across our local markets and secure interviews and stories about our brand and events. You’ll also manage inbound requests so that we can share in-depth responses to questionnaires to help writers complete their articles.
- Developing PR strategies and campaigns
- Writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information
- Building positive relationships with stakeholders, clients, media and the public and maintaining a positive image for our company
- Updating and maintaining Web content
- Identify trends and provide advice on business decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media
- Knowledge of consumer marketing
- An ability to work on big strategic plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers
- Responds well under pressure with a strict time limit
- Quick and enthusiastic learner
Fundraiser / Development Internship – Fall
Pitching Netwalking to potential clients for use as information product brochures, pitch decks, handouts, and other visual aids to help with sponsorship, proposals, and partnership opportunities.
Not be afraid to challenge closely held assumptions or call out weaknesses in the company’s pitch deck and sponsorship kit.
- Storytelling for the specific needs of the audience
- Develop an understanding of Netwalking (including products/services, customers, competitors, the overall market and trends) through careful research and analysis
- Understand how major stakeholders are thinking about the company’s direction, generally and in reference to specific initiatives, through interviews with these stakeholders
- Re-create the pitch deck, capability statement, proposals and sponsorship kit
- Develop accurate benchmarks to guide in the projections
- Work alongside the founder and advisory team to define the pitch used in investor meetings; practice the pitch with the executives and help the management team preempt investor questions
- Pressure test every aspect of the client’s business ahead of fundraising meetings
- Work with clients to gain an understanding of goals, audience, and messaging. Will utilize design and collaboration tools and best practices in order to create pitch decks. Remote work option
Skills and Qualifications:
- PowerPoint, Content, and Graphic Design, Excel proficiency. 3+ years of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
- A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
Content Writer Internship – Fall
We are looking for a talented writer to generate engaging, original content for our website. You will research topics and develop interesting posts that will appeal to our target audience, support mission, and vision and promote the blog using social media, direct email, and other methods to alert and expand our readership. You should be a skilled, tech-savvy writer who can create appealing, insightful posts that will reach and grow our audience.
To succeed, you should focus on generating and composing interesting content and expanding our readership. You should be creative, adaptable, and analytical with excellent writing skills and a unique voice.
- Generating, researching, and pitching ideas for posts
- Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content
- Promoting new posts using advertisements, emails, social media, and other methods to alert and attract new readers
- Advocating and educating others about Netwalking’s interests, products, and services
- Maximizing site traffic by utilizing Search Engine Optimization keywords
- Inviting other bloggers, experts, or other notable guests to contribute content to the webpage
- Monitoring responses to posts via the website, social media, or other platforms to better understand the audience
- Staying current on industry trends for possible opportunities to attract new readers or create stronger, more engaging content
- Writing experience or familiarity with certain interests or a specific field
- Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills.
- Creativity and adaptability
- Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends
- Proficiency with computers, especially content management software, social media platforms, MS Office, and SEO keywords, a basic understanding of HTML
Email Jessica Tunon at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter along with what opportunity you are interested in, availability to start, hours, and anything else we would find helpful. Interested in being part of the team and do not see an opportunity to reach out.