Many companies are communicating to their team that they value health, wellness and camaraderie by incorporating Netwalking. It’s great to see so many companies using their imagination in how they create a positive work culture. Company culture speaks volumes about a business brand both internally and externally to customers and clients, so today I want to share 5 ways companies are using Netwalking:
- Netwalking as a recruitment strategy – Companies that offer Netwalking have a competitive advantage at recruiting top achievers in a tight labor market. Many productive employees live a well-balanced life. By creating a welcoming environment, prospective employees will notice your relationship-driven business.
- Netwalking promotes health and wellness – When employees are healthy and thriving; they take fewer sick days and bring more energy to the workplace. This significantly increases productivity and creates a positive atmosphere. It’s also a fact that companies who have a health mandate show an 11-15% increase in productivity.
- Netwalking is a great financial investment – Having a healthier staff means a decrease in negotiated group health care contributions. Health and well-being is an important business success metric. Absenteeism is 27 percent lower for workers who eat healthy and exercise regularly. We have seen people’s moods significantly improved after Netwalking.
- Netwalking contributes to the happiness factor – Contrary to popular belief; a key issue with retention is not salary. Turnover happens when employees do not feel appreciated. Gratitude helps people feel confident, creates a happy environment, improves health and builds meaningful relationships. Netwalking is a worthwhile activity that many companies are offering their staff in order to express gratitude for a job well done.
- Netwalking highlights a company’s greatest asset, its people – When clients can obviously see how much you care about your team they become drawn to your corporate culture as a whole. They understand that it’s your people who build the company, not just the products you sell or the services you offer. Netwalking allows the employees to shine and it’s noticeable to the outside world.
As you can see the link between employee health, performance and productivity reinforces the case for companies to provide comprehensive, health and wellness programs for their work force. At Netwalking, we help unlock workplace productivity. We help your team members who may be stressed and tired, have more energy for the workday and after work hours.
I can list a dozen more ways that companies are successfully using Netwalking. If you would like to learn how to incorporate Netwalking at your company, please email me at email@example.com
- Walking at Work: The What, Why & How of Walking Meetings (November 17, 2016 America Walks Webinar). Watch the video, HERE!
- People want to come to work, understand their jobs, and know how their work contributes to the success of the organization. Learn more from Harvard Business Review website, HERE!
- One out of every two U.S. adults is living with a chronic disease, such as heart disease, cancer, or diabetes. Read on from the US Surgeon General website, HERE!
- Why it’s time we paid employees to exercise at work. Learn more, HERE!